Subject: Fwd: bug#25953: [Mesa] Very low Gallium performance compared to Trisquel

From: Matthew Brooks <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2017 16:22:11 -0600

Forgot to CC this when sending.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Matthew Brooks <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, Mar 3, 2017 at 4:11 PM
Subject: Re: bug#25953: [Mesa] Very low Gallium performance compared to Trisquel
To: Marius Bakke <[email-masked]>

> What are your hardware specs?

I'm using an AMD Phenom II X6 1100T (~3GHz, 6 cores). I've got 16 GB
of RAM. My graphics card is an Nvidia Geforce 1060 with 6GB of VRAM.
The screen is a 1920x1080 monitor from Asus.

> For testing, you could try building "mesa" with "--enable-gallium-llvm"
> and maybe "--enable-llvm-shared-libs".

How would I do that? I tried making a copy of gl.scm (which contains
the definition for the standard mesa package), and stripping out the
non-mesa packages and adding those compile flags, but when I did "guix
package --install-from-file=./gl.scm", it didn't actually seem to do
anything.
Before that I also tried "guix package --install mesa
--enable-gallium-llvm --enable-llvm-shared-libs", but it (predictably,
in hindsight) gave an "unrecognized option" error.

Anyway, thanks for your help, and have a nice day!