Subject: Re: bug#25235: Wrapped python programs get native-inputs in PYTHONPATH

From: Arun Isaac <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2020 07:45:32 +0530

Hi,

> Have you been able to figure out why some of the items differ in the
> two lists?

The two lists are the same if `guix build' is invoked with the
`--no-grafts' flag. I don't understand grafts very well and am not sure
how that can be fixed. Any ideas?

See different output below with and without the `--no-grafts' flag.

$ guix build python-mock

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
`build-time-inputs' is
(/gnu/store/dhs3v8rfzazq9cb37pqs7fdm5hd7zmf0-python-unittest2-1.1.0)

`path' is
(/gnu/store/v70qcgga1r2m6scnard8s61dqh859mn2-python-unittest2-1.1.0/lib/python3.7/site-packages
/gnu/store/w408dkc1lynq5kqi2cxkvikalp6w35qw-python-pbr-minimal-3.0.1/lib/python3.7/site-packages
/gnu/store/bwqidwykphzv10n454kxv3hfippq8qrx-python-six-1.12.0/lib/python3.7/site-packages
/gnu/store/78w7y0lxar70j512iqw8x3nimzj10yga-python-3.7.4/lib/python3.7/site-packages
/gnu/store/k4a9433nghpjhs101cm9v8k64bmd8iqf-python-traceback2-1.4.0/lib/python3.7/site-packages
/gnu/store/3nl9hk7f59vsxgr7xmnqgc15y9c3rwpg-python-linecache2-1.0.0/lib/python3.7/site-packages)

`(remove build-time-dependency? path)' is
(/gnu/store/v70qcgga1r2m6scnard8s61dqh859mn2-python-unittest2-1.1.0/lib/python3.7/site-packages
/gnu/store/w408dkc1lynq5kqi2cxkvikalp6w35qw-python-pbr-minimal-3.0.1/lib/python3.7/site-packages
/gnu/store/bwqidwykphzv10n454kxv3hfippq8qrx-python-six-1.12.0/lib/python3.7/site-packages
/gnu/store/78w7y0lxar70j512iqw8x3nimzj10yga-python-3.7.4/lib/python3.7/site-packages
/gnu/store/k4a9433nghpjhs101cm9v8k64bmd8iqf-python-traceback2-1.4.0/lib/python3.7/site-packages
/gnu/store/3nl9hk7f59vsxgr7xmnqgc15y9c3rwpg-python-linecache2-1.0.0/lib/python3.7/site-packages)
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

$ guix build --no-grafts python-mock

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
`build-time-inputs' is
(/gnu/store/m01qbb9sgymxh2xqwpnbv58h60yl4pz0-python-unittest2-1.1.0)

`path' is
(/gnu/store/m01qbb9sgymxh2xqwpnbv58h60yl4pz0-python-unittest2-1.1.0/lib/python3.7/site-packages
/gnu/store/9k5hyd9d7b3r4yzadd6phphf12l2mfc8-python-pbr-minimal-3.0.1/lib/python3.7/site-packages
/gnu/store/p8p65yd0pf95yn50iib0jw05p0n4mr9p-python-six-1.12.0/lib/python3.7/site-packages
/gnu/store/78w7y0lxar70j512iqw8x3nimzj10yga-python-3.7.4/lib/python3.7/site-packages
/gnu/store/dvn1fz82ccjg7dnqqmkxhwp720wnmriw-python-traceback2-1.4.0/lib/python3.7/site-packages
/gnu/store/vnbk5jswscv68qasfbhmh7wqlsibyism-python-linecache2-1.0.0/lib/python3.7/site-packages)

`(remove build-time-dependency? path)' is
(/gnu/store/9k5hyd9d7b3r4yzadd6phphf12l2mfc8-python-pbr-minimal-3.0.1/lib/python3.7/site-packages
/gnu/store/p8p65yd0pf95yn50iib0jw05p0n4mr9p-python-six-1.12.0/lib/python3.7/site-packages
/gnu/store/78w7y0lxar70j512iqw8x3nimzj10yga-python-3.7.4/lib/python3.7/site-packages
/gnu/store/dvn1fz82ccjg7dnqqmkxhwp720wnmriw-python-traceback2-1.4.0/lib/python3.7/site-packages
/gnu/store/vnbk5jswscv68qasfbhmh7wqlsibyism-python-linecache2-1.0.0/lib/python3.7/site-packages)
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Regards,
Arun