Subject: Re: bug#25118: All ruby packages replaced by version 2.3.3

From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2016 16:42:12 -0500

On Mon, Dec 05, 2016 at 01:18:04PM +0000, Christopher Baines wrote:
> On master (8f35c0306192c4b62646f2aa02879c2a8c4f4a07), as ruby 2.3.1 is
> replaced by 2.3.3, and all ruby packages inherit from ruby 2.3.1, all
> versions of ruby end up being 2.3.3.
> 
> For example:
> → guix environment --container --ad-hoc --pure -e "(begin (use-modules
> (gnu packages ruby)) ruby-2.1)" -- ruby --version
> 
> ruby 2.3.3p222 (2016-11-21 revision 56859) [x86_64-linux]
> 
> Removing the replacement line, or adding (replacement #f) to the other
> packages fixes this.

Thanks for the report!

This should be fixed in 6e02766d433c8d5f56af628fbcaf5f2ca6e63953 (gnu:
ruby-2.2, ruby-2.1, ruby-1.8: Don't replace with ruby-2.3.3.).

Please let us know if you are still having problems with this
replacement.