Subject: Re: bug#24670: Unexpected EOF reading a line (from guix pull) [forward]

From: ng0 <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2016 11:22:10 +0000

Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]> writes:

> ng0 <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Without adding all of the off-ticket/list email I got: the failure is
>> very likely caused by /gnu/store being on a separate partition.
>
> What makes you say this is “very likely” the cause?

I summarized the email I got offlist, I should've written this before I
started summarizing it.
'Very likely' was not my own finding. This is a case of Gentoo/Guix I
can not debug. For vanilla amd64_x86 systems my guix ebuild works. I
haven't tried the guix-binary ebuild yet (lynX did some finishing
touches) but this should behave the same.

> I have no problems having /gnu on an NFS share on a remote fileserver
> with guix-daemon running on a separate server.
>
> ~~ Ricardo
>