Subject: Unexpected EOF reading a line (from guix pull)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2016 15:34:07 -0700

Hello,

     Someone in IRC asked me to email these errors here as a bug report, so I
shall.

     I was just trying to install Guix on a Gentoo machine via the
youbroketheinternet overlay (installed via layman). During the initial 'guix
pull;guix package -i hello', I ended up with a weird error at the very end of
guix pull (as root);

Found valid signature for
/gnu/store/7nfjg3f2c4s0jpz3vqh3iqdn9j1c3prq-perl-5.22.1
From
https://mirror.hydra.gnu.org/nar/7nfjg3f2c4s0jpz3vqh3iqdn9j1c3prq-perl-5.22.1
Downloading 7nfjg3…-perl-5.22.1 (49.7MiB installed)...
 perl-5.22.1                                              3.7MiB/s 00:04 | 15.2MiB transferred
guix package: error: build failed: unexpected EOF reading a line

then, when trying to run guix pull as a user, I got this (I havn't authorized
hydra as the user, but I did as root);

unpacking '/gnu/store/1wrar9kq9pnyg4mw0yg1qx5a5xrr4y5v-guix-latest.tar.gz'...
The following derivation will be built:
   /gnu/store/xrhj8sj7gdk74vmyqi8cg07zbhdxfbw6-guix-latest.drv
building path(s) '/gnu/store/9mm7kqkdsmj67byll1k4vq65622gsrr0-guix-latest'
guix pull: error: build failed: unexpected EOF reading a line

I'm not sure what the problem is, but that is multiple EOF errors from the same
command from different users, so someone should probably take a look at it.

PS. I'm not sure if I'm subscribed to this mailing list, so if you need input
from me, just make sure to email me a copy. Thanks.