Subject: Porting ocl-icd to guix fails because of ruby

From: Dennis Mungai <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2016 22:41:09 +0300

Hello there,

I am porting ocl-icd to guix, see the package here:

https://github.com/Brainiarc7/guix-bioinformatics/blob/master/gn/packages/ocl-icd.scm

I'm getting bugged by this error everytime I call the build as such from a
dev setup:

env TEMPDIR=/gnu/tmp GUIX_PACKAGE_PATH=../guix-bioinformatics
./pre-inst-env guix build -K ocl-icd

Error encountered:

guix build: error: build failed: error parsing derivation
`/gnu/store/7f9hwk8v9vzghc93m93y94iibvcc3mvd-ruby-2.3.0.tar.xz.drv':
expected string `Derive(['

The same also happens when I attempt to install any ruby related utilities:

guix package -p ~/opt/guix-build-system -i ruby-yard
warning: failed to install locale: Invalid argument
guix package: error: build failed: error parsing derivation
`/gnu/store/7f9hwk8v9vzghc93m93y94iibvcc3mvd-ruby-2.3.0.tar.xz.drv':
expected string `Derive(['

A bug, perhaps?

Regards,

Dennis.