Subject: Re: bug#22927: system-installed emacs does not find system-installed fonts

From: Alex Kost <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2016 12:27:44 +0300

myglc2 (2016-03-06 21:57 +0300) wrote:

> Not technically not a bug because the doc says ...
>
> 2.6.2 X11 Fonts
>
> The ‘fontconfig’ package in Guix looks for fonts in
> ‘$HOME/.guix-profile’ by default.  Thus, to allow graphical applications
> installed with Guix to display fonts, you have to install fonts with
> Guix as well.

(I have not checked but) I believe this can be fixed by adding
"/run/current-system/profile/share/fonts" to '--with-add-fonts'
configure flag of the 'fontconfig' package.

For now I think the following recipe should work:

1. Make a file "~/.config/fontconfig/fonts.conf" with the following
   contents:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE fontconfig SYSTEM "fonts.dtd">
<fontconfig>
    <dir>/run/current-system/profile/share/fonts</dir>
</fontconfig>

2. Run "fc-cache -fv".

-- 
Alex