Subject: ‘guix edit’ & ‘M-xguix-edit' typo, rename, & mode change

From: myglc2 <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 2016 13:04:40 -0500

Alex Kost <[email-masked]> writes:
[...]
> The purpose of "M-x guix-edit" Emacs command (and "guix edit" shell
> command) is just to show you the source code of the package.  This
> source is usually placed in the store, and you shouldn't edit it.  If
> you are going to contribute to guix, (info "(guix) Building from Git")
> is the right way.

From guix INFO:

6.2 Invoking ‘guix edit’
[...]
launches the program specified in the ‘VISUAL’ or in the ‘EDITOR’
environment variable to edit the recipe of GCC 4.8.4 and that of Vim."

TYPO:

"edit" (last line above) should be replaced with "view", "inspect", or
"examine".

RENAME:

Calling these functions 'guix edit' and 'M-x guix-edit' implies that the
user will be able to modify the recipe, but this is not actually the
case. The functions should be given a more informative and accurate
name, such as: 'guix view', 'guix inspect', or 'guix examine'.

MODE CHANGE:

In emacs, read-only .scm files should be opened in view-mode.