Subject: Re: bug#22492: create new user guixsd

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2016 17:29:56 +0100

[email-masked] skribis:

> i run 'guix system reconfigure config.scm --falback', and add new
> user: tron.

How did you add the new user account?  You added it in the
‘operating-system’ declaration and then run ‘guix system reconfigure’,
right?

> When i try to login such as tron does not allow login and slim restart.
>
> i check secure and slim.log log files, this message appears in slim.log:
>
> slim: pam_authentication(): User not known to the underlying
> authentication module
>
> The solution to fix this issue was: changing the owner:group for the
> home user.

Could it be that /home is on a separate partition?  There’s a problem
when that is the case: <http://bugs.gnu.org/21108>.

Thanks,
Ludo’.