Subject: Re: bug#22047: system reconfigure fails due to corrupted file (linux-libre-4-2-6)

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2015 16:06:22 +0100

Erik Strömberg <[email-masked]> skribis:

> http://hydra.gnu.org/nar/fnd9k8rfz5jbvj80zjqh6l95imckqp51-linux-libre-4.2.6
> 596KiB/s 00:26 | 14.9MiB transferred
> bzip2: Compressed file ends unexpectedly;

[...]

> guix substitute: error: corrupt input while restoring
> '/gnu/store/fnd9k8rfz5jbvj80zjqh6l95imckqp51-linux-libre-4.2.6/lib/modules/4.2.6-gnu/kernel/drivers/isdn/gigaset/gigaset.ko'
> from #{read pipe}#
> killing process 2102
> guix system: error: build failed: some substitutes for the outputs of
> derivation
> `/gnu/store/fzn428v4c9iqkk97mz9r0c0bj89cfh2n-linux-libre-4.2.6.drv' failed
> (usually happens due to networking issues);

Unfortunately, this is a symptom of hydra.gnu.org closing the connection
prematurely, which happens when it is overloaded.

I would suggest trying again later or forcing a local build with
--no-substitutes.

Sorry for not coming up with a better answer!

(For the record we are in the process of looking for ways to
collaboratively fund the infrastructure for Guix, with replacing
hydra.gnu.org as the first goal:
<https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2015-10/msg00172.html>.)

Thank you,
Ludo’.