Subject: system reconfigure fails due to corrupted file (linux-libre-4-2-6)

From: Erik Strömberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2015 04:06:08 +0100

This happens after running guix pull followed by guix system reconfigure.
Downloading the file and attempting bunzip fails on many systems so network
error seems unlikely.

I'm very new to guix so I hope there's no important information missing.

http://hydra.gnu.org/nar/fnd9k8rfz5jbvj80zjqh6l95imckqp51-linux-libre-4.2.6
596KiB/s 00:26 | 14.9MiB transferred
bzip2: Compressed file ends unexpectedly;
    perhaps it is corrupted?  *Possible* reason follows.
bzip2: Inappropriate ioctl for device
    Input file = (stdin), output file = (stdout)

It is possible that the compressed file(s) have become corrupted.
You can use the -tvv option to test integrity of such files.

You can use the `bzip2recover' program to attempt to recover
data from undamaged sections of corrupted files.

guix substitute: error: corrupt input while restoring
'/gnu/store/fnd9k8rfz5jbvj80zjqh6l95imckqp51-linux-libre-4.2.6/lib/modules/4.2.6-gnu/kernel/drivers/isdn/gigaset/gigaset.ko'
from #{read pipe}#
killing process 2102
guix system: error: build failed: some substitutes for the outputs of
derivation
`/gnu/store/fzn428v4c9iqkk97mz9r0c0bj89cfh2n-linux-libre-4.2.6.drv' failed
(usually happens due to networking issues); try `--fallback' to build
derivation from source