Subject: Re: bug #18742

From: ng0 <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2016 18:21:42 +0000

Leo Famulari <[email-masked]> writes:

 > However you are replying to these bug reports is changing the "Subject"
 > line to only include the bug number. It's hard to know what the bug is
 > about...

I did not want to reply directly to these specific bugs, which is why I
asked on this list first.

 > On Tue, Sep 27, 2016 at 04:38:03PM +0000, ng0 wrote:
 > > http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=18742
 > > 
 > > Logs are gone since hydra got reset at least once since October 2014. I
 > [ 2 more citation lines. Click/Enter to show. ]
 > > can not see but only assume that the tests I am currently helping to fix
 > > are different tests than the ones which failed in 2014, as the test
 > > suite for GNUnet was refactored.
 > > Can we close this bug or should I reference this bug in an update commit
 > > if/when the test suite is fixed for Guix builds?

 > It seems to be building or not building (depending on the architecture)
 > consistently. If you are happy with those results, please close the bug
 > :)

I think I can not do this, close bugs I did not create myself. If I am
wrong about this I advise that we write a short appendum for Guix
documentation (part: contributing, new subsection: reporting bugs) which
explains debbugs usage, because upstream or at least the version+online
handbook on gnu.org is simply terrible in getting to the point.

 > https://hydra.gnu.org/search?query=gnunet

Dependencies fail on architecture I do not have available (yet / in a
forseeable future).

I think I'm okay with referencing this bug when/if I can close the
current failing test suite bug.
-- 
              ng0