Subject: group specified in `build-users-group' does not exist

From: Tomas Cech <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2014 19:02:30 +0200

Hi,

I'm fighting with guix building:

guix package: error: build failed: the group `"guix-builders"' specified in
`build-users-group' does not exist

# grep guix /etc/passwd
guix-builder1:x:61:479:Guix builder 1:/var/empty:/sbin/nologin
guix-builder2:x:62:479:Guix builder 2:/var/empty:/sbin/nologin
guix-builder3:x:63:479:Guix builder 3:/var/empty:/sbin/nologin
guix-builder4:x:64:479:Guix builder 4:/var/empty:/sbin/nologin
guix-builder5:x:65:479:Guix builder 5:/var/empty:/sbin/nologin
# grep guix /etc/group
guix-builders:x:479:guix-builder1,guix-builder2,guix-builder3,guix-builder4,guix-builder5

Nothing seems to be obviously wrong, but guix ends with this error.

Trying
# su guix-builder1

works as well.

Any ideas?

Best regards,

Tomas Cech