Subject: Re: bug#15229: guix download does not understand https

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2013 18:03:45 +0200

tag 15229 notabug
thanks

Andreas Enge <[email-masked]> skribis:

> The title says it all:
>
> guix download https://fedorahosted.org/releases/x/m/xmlto/xmlto-0.0.25.tar.bz2
>
> results in
>
> ERROR: missing interface for module (gnutls)

Quoting the manual (info "(guix) Invoking guix download"):

     The ‘guix download’ command supports the same URIs as used in package
  definitions.  In particular, it supports ‘mirror://’ URIs.  ‘https’ URIs
  (HTTP over TLS) are supported _provided_ the Guile bindings for GnuTLS
  are available in the user’s environment; when they are not available, an
  error is raised.

:-)

Running ‘guix package -i gnutls’ and setting GUILE_LOAD_PATH as
suggested should enable GnuTLS support in ‘guix download’.

Let me know if there’s any problem.

HTH,
Ludo’.