Subject: Re: Cross bootstrap!

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 23:59:24 +0200

Nikita Karetnikov <[email-masked]> skribis:

>> So, did strace display the syscall arguments?  (Apparently not, since it
>> would display an hexadecimal address for mmap.)
>
> No.
>
>> It’s worth trying.  The GDB installed on gcc49.fsffrance.org doesn’t
>> support N64 (same symptom as reported on the web page you linked.)
>
> It didn't work out [1].

Argh.

> Also, I tried to run
>
>   $ ./pre-inst-env guix build --no-substitutes -K --target=mips64el-linux-gnuabi64 bootstrap-tarballs
>
> and got the same error [2] as before.  'objdump' shows the same output
> [3].

[...]

> [1] http://sourceware.org/ml/gdb/2013-07/msg00037.html
> [2] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-guix/2013-03/msg00155.html
> [3] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-guix/2013-03/msg00156.html

Then I think this problem occurs specifically when cross-building from
i686 to mips64el/N64.  At least it definitely works from x86_64 [0].

Ludo’.

[0] http://hydra.gnu.org:3000/job/gnu/master/gcc-cross-mips64el-linux-gnuabi64-4.7.3