Subject: bug#79179: closed ([PATCH 0/2] mariadb-connector-c: Fix build problems)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2025 09:05:01 +0000

Your message dated Wed, 6 Aug 2025 11:04:15 +0200
with message-id <aJMaj93NoyMJ0DyR@jurong>
and subject line Re: [PATCH 1/2] mariadb-connector-c: Update source URI
has caused the debbugs.gnu.org bug report #79179,
regarding [PATCH 0/2] mariadb-connector-c: Fix build problems
to be marked as done.

(If you believe you have received this mail in error, please contact
[email-masked].)

-- 
79179: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=79179
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: [PATCH 0/2] mariadb-connector-c: Fix build problems
From: Frederick Muriuki Muriithi <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2025 14:06:10 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

The two patches fix 2 issues I encountered with mariadb-connector-c
package - these are:
- The URI used to retrieve sources has changed
- With newer guix (commit 29c8c15), the package build was failing with
  the error `... [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]` for the 'close' and
  'lseek' functions.

Frederick Muriuki Muriithi (2):
  mariadb-connector-c: Update source URI
  Add the line '#include <unistd.h>' to specific files

 gnu/packages/databases.scm | 20 ++++++++++++++++----
 1 file changed, 16 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)

base-commit: 6f40f2b8fbaa5c725eb45ecee25c015172e192ff
prerequisite-patch-id: e31c8304efe52d200986606d6a2e2815c1ea0e7a
prerequisite-patch-id: 051e12f3da5f72398459e9a8abe7f5c2694d941f
prerequisite-patch-id: 5bb6e2921c1048a9ad2558570d0763c7888104ab
prerequisite-patch-id: 4a752a5a6f35199d9f8a1778ad287eff57540817
prerequisite-patch-id: faa0054a0c760116f9ac4ebca9a5d51bf10b82d5
prerequisite-patch-id: 58c3542b0cd70823448872a359ab324784504624
prerequisite-patch-id: 39abf1757381399fb5d9c8c62bbf301c73a59868
prerequisite-patch-id: 437fa13c65ad62eecfe1907454422bbcd6daedc5
prerequisite-patch-id: 7df6adcbe68c3069e2cb0b7fe418d8b43ea8f104
prerequisite-patch-id: d6fa7e1935f01d0fe33e24c56efe6858573981aa
prerequisite-patch-id: c02a779afaac91b6e6b48f9be5702586217dffe5
prerequisite-patch-id: 9763cbd341c402e6af72831626c2d6dac115848e
prerequisite-patch-id: 13f5676484b8aa857b372e58c4549b1337e7d346
prerequisite-patch-id: 0c0a94a83c14782baf63cb1cda4fa65b8186e08d
prerequisite-patch-id: 97a2b9161ad62d2053fca70ac2b28516eb459353
prerequisite-patch-id: d04e8324f7cf1ae58e1349627ffc66b66768b868
prerequisite-patch-id: aeed888bb397fc72ee53ea0aa9ca6f64e12672a5
prerequisite-patch-id: 30d151aab72210a1db16e13b10fbbdb769602748
-- 
2.41.0

Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/2] mariadb-connector-c: Update source URI
From: Andreas Enge <[email-masked]>
To: Frederick Muriuki Muriithi <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2025 11:04:15 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello Frederick,

thanks a lot for your patches!

I have applied the first one after adapting the commit message to our
conventions.

Concerning the second one, it looked good as well, but it was even
easier to update the package; I hope it works as expected.
If not, please feel free to open an issue (preferably on codeberg).

Andreas