Subject: bug#79133: closed (Re: scsh build failure)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2025 12:23:02 +0000

Your bug report

#79133: scsh build failure

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
79133: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=79133
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: scsh build failure
From: Andreas Enge <[email-masked]>
To: Rick Huijzer <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2025 14:21:43 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

Am Thu, Jul 31, 2025 at 02:07:10PM +0200 schrieb Rick Huijzer:
> scsh doesn't build anymore for me on x64. 

this is actually a first failure in building a dependency, scheme48;
once fixed, there are also problems in scsh. Both are fixed in commit
98902924efc8b63e782267a8225bf7e8d77a1eb6 .

Thanks for the report!

Andreas

Subject: scsh build failure
From: Rick Huijzer <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2025 14:07:10 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

scsh doesn't build anymore for me on x64.

https://paste.debian.net/hidden/e938f383/

checking bits per byte... configure: error: Unable to determine bits per
byte, see config.log for details.
error: in phase 'configure': uncaught exception:
%exception #<&invoke-error program:
"/gnu/store/30hszyg5y5py69r4a8glc43w0zrdbr7k-bash-minimal-5.2.37/bin/bash"
arguments: ("./configure"
"CONFIG_SHELL=/gnu/store/30hszyg5y5py69r4a8glc43w0zrdbr7k-bash-minimal-5.2.37/bin/bash"
"SHELL=/gnu/store/30hszyg5y5py69r4a8glc43w0zrdbr7k-bash-minimal-5.2.37/bin/bash"
"--prefix=/gnu/store/al70qvjnk2058vdi24bmi9jmbrz9b7nj-scheme48-1.9.2"
"--enable-fast-install" "--build=x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu") exit-status: 1
term-signal: #f stop-signal: #f>

Thanks a lot.

-- 
Met vriendelijke groet,

Rick Huijzer