Subject: bug#79133: scsh build failure

From: Rick Huijzer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2025 14:07:10 +0200

Hi,

scsh doesn't build anymore for me on x64.

https://paste.debian.net/hidden/e938f383/

checking bits per byte... configure: error: Unable to determine bits per
byte, see config.log for details.
error: in phase 'configure': uncaught exception:
%exception #<&invoke-error program:
"/gnu/store/30hszyg5y5py69r4a8glc43w0zrdbr7k-bash-minimal-5.2.37/bin/bash"
arguments: ("./configure"
"CONFIG_SHELL=/gnu/store/30hszyg5y5py69r4a8glc43w0zrdbr7k-bash-minimal-5.2.37/bin/bash"
"SHELL=/gnu/store/30hszyg5y5py69r4a8glc43w0zrdbr7k-bash-minimal-5.2.37/bin/bash"
"--prefix=/gnu/store/al70qvjnk2058vdi24bmi9jmbrz9b7nj-scheme48-1.9.2"
"--enable-fast-install" "--build=x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu") exit-status: 1
term-signal: #f stop-signal: #f>

Thanks a lot.

-- 
Met vriendelijke groet,

Rick Huijzer