Subject: Re: bug#78537: GIMP startup crash on minimal xorg/wm unless gtk+ in profile

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2025 15:12:21 +0900

Hi,

Runciter <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Guix!
>
> It wasn't LD_LIBRARY_PATH that needed wrapping finally, it was
> XDG_DATA_DIRS.
>
> I just submitted a revised patch.
>
> When I think about this, after this patch, considering the case of
> people who have both gtk+ and gimp in their profile, the variable
> XDG_DATA_DIRS in the environment of a running gimp should be clobbered
> or quasi-clobbered, however you want to call it. Although this should
> generally not result in failures, it seems it has in the case of another
> variable, bug#77921. I don't think it should be always preferred to use
> '=' instead of 'prefix' for wrapping, though. If there's a cleaner way
> to do this, let me know.

I think prefix should work, even for the case referenced in #77921. I
had used = to be extra careful, but prefix is probably better if it
works.

If you are able to test it, you may want to standardize all wrapping in
gimp to use prefix.

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim