Subject: Re: [bug#77956] [PATCH gnome-team 00/23] Start working on GNOME 48

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2025 10:58:49 +0900

Hi,

Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Guix,
>
> I'm a little late.  This effort started before the python-team merge,
> but thanks in no small part to fontconfig's worldier than world rebuild
> has taken quite a while to finish.  This series updates our base
> packages up to libadwaita to their latest version.  The GTK one is
> marked as WIP, because the tests currently fail --- this is likely an
> Xorg thing that I haven't paid too much attention to.  Perhaps it can
> work in tandem with some mesa updates, or else we will have to switch up
> our test setup.

The series LGTM, I'd drop the WIP GTK commit for now.  It'd be good to
keep an eye on any new failures triggered in the CI following pushing
these.  Also rebuilding things twice or thrice or more if you can helps
detect flaky tests, which there are many in the GNOME world still
(gstreamer test suite often has non-deterministic failures).

Thanks for initiating the next GNOME effort again.

Reviewed-by: Maxim Cournoyer <maxim.cournoyer@gmail>

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim