Subject: Re: bug#77340: Request for merging "mesa-updates" branch

From: Andreas Enge <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2025 16:43:37 +0200

Hello,

Am Sun, Jun 08, 2025 at 07:53:41PM +0000 schrieb John Kehayias:
> So I can go ahead and merge this after this update builds then?

yes, please do, close the bug and delete the branch (and keep us in cc).
This is assuming all goes well :)
There seem to be problems with CI as you reported, and the previous
evaluation had lots of failing packages, but they looked rather spurious
than real failures.

On QA, it has taken a while until the mesa-updates branch went to the
front, although I had given "block" instructions to debbugs - maybe
Chris had to change some code to take multiple blocks into account?
No, apparently blocking is not transitive - I see he has added an
explicit block yesterday.

So QA is working full-speed on the branch.
There are a few failing packages:
   https://qa.guix.gnu.org/branch/mesa-updates/package-changes?x86_64-linux-change=broken&x86_64-linux-change=still-failing&x86_64-linux-change=unknown-to-failing&x86_64-linux-change=new-failing
I will let you judge whether these are more than random failures,
and if they are related to mesa, whether they should be repaired on
the branch or whether this can wait until master.

Thanks,

Andreas