Subject: Re: [bug#76899] Request for merging "c++-team" branch

From: Andreas Enge <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2025 22:12:10 +0200

Am Wed, Jul 30, 2025 at 12:54:05PM -0400 schrieb Greg Hogan:
> QA Substitute availability shows 80% for bordeaux with 8,000
> failed/blocked/unknown packages, which would be 25% of ~32,000 total
> packages [0].

Hm, no idea how we end up at 105%...

> CI is listed at 23% on x86-64 at priority 9 and is only building for
> x86_64-linux and i686-linux. What is the strategy here for team
> branches? I see other teams with only x86_64-linux and at the same
> lowest priority. Do we defer aarch64-linux to the post-rebase master
> specification? Should the priority be lowered for branches nearing
> completion?

CI has so few and so underpowered ARM machines that it does not even
keep up with master; so there is no point in ticking the box.
   https://qa.guix.gnu.org/branch/master
0% on aarch64 and armhf! People who want aarch64 substitutes need to
get them from bordeaux.

We could increase the priority for the branch, but the problem lies
elsewhere. If I see it correctly, some builds spuriously failed early on,
and then tons of packages are marked "dependency failed". I do not think
these will be restarted automatically, even after I restarted a few
of them by hand.

So we are left with QA right now. I am not satisfied with the build
submission speed, but it is advancing nevertheless; as far as I can see
on data.qa, your newly pushed branch will soon finish there, and build
submissions should start again.

Andreas