Subject: Re: [bug#76899] Request for merging "c++-team" branch

From: Andreas Enge <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2025 09:42:04 +0200

Hello Greg,

Am Tue, Jul 29, 2025 at 06:32:37PM -0400 schrieb Greg Hogan:
> I have been using the following script to build locally any package
> which has failed on QA (on any of the three architectures). I have
> patches for all current failures (on x86-64, and I have tested llvm
> for i686) but I will wait to push as QA is returning 502 Bad Gateway
> (and the data service continues to build, and we can view failures,
> but not the overall status).

sounds good, thanks for the progress report!

For the infrastructure, data.qa continues to evaluate new revisions
(there are green badges appearing for the master branch), so I think
you can rebase and push your fixes for the c++-team branch, and it
should be picked up. Rebasing will be useful since quite a few packages
were changed on the master branch recently to build with gcc-14; for
instance the failure of readstat seen to block 58 builds:
   https://data.qa.guix.gnu.org/revision/229f6a975487ff80044a12f24f9112414ddea1f9/blocking-builds?target=none&limit_results=50&system=x86_64-linux
has been resolved.

Qa has apparently continued to submit builds, only the web server was
down; I have restarted the service, and now the web page is back.

Over the last few days, submission of build jobs was overall too slow;
the build farm was partially idling, and I ended up turning off some
machines as there was not enough work. That has changed as well, but
it would be a point to examine (I do not know how, hopefully Chris
can chime in). Maybe upgrading the bayfront hardware as planned will
make things fast enough.

Andreas