Subject: bug#40316: [PATCH 0/6] WIP: nss: Update to 3.99

From: Christina O'Donnell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2024 22:33:56 +0100

Hi,

I've got as far as making nss 3.98 reproducible, however updating it to 3.99
results in 51 test failures. These are regressions, and worked correctly for
3.98. I'm not entirely sure what the issue is, but I've run out of time to
debug it this week, so I'm sending this patch up as is.

Up to patch 3 build correctly. Patch 4 is the first one that fails.

The issue specifically seems to all be related to FIPS:

    A PKCS #11 module returned CKR_DEVICE_ERROR, indicating that a problem has
    occurred with the token or slot.

If someone could take a look at this and see if there's anything I've missded
then I'd appreciate that. Otherwise I'm free to pick it back up again on
Tuesday.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,
Christina

Christina O'Donnell (4):
  gnu: nss: Make reproducible.
  gnu: nss: Update to 3.99.
  gnu: nss-certs: Update to 3.99.
  WIP: nss: Attempting to resolve FIPS regression.

Zheng Junjie (2):
  gnu: nss: Fix cross-compilation.
  gnu: nspr: Fix cross-compilation.

 gnu/packages/certs.scm                        | 24 +++++--
 gnu/packages/nss.scm                          | 30 +++++++--
 .../patches/nss-Disable-library-signing.patch | 67 +++++++++++++++++++
 3 files changed, 111 insertions(+), 10 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/nss-Disable-library-signing.patch

base-commit: 9a47ef6182b6a36354699efbdbedca17f24cd9b8
-- 
2.41.0