Subject: bug#39632: Wrong keymap when decrypting master key

From: Damien Cassou <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2020 16:09:06 +0100

Hi,

I've installed Guix System manually in Gnome Boxes and asked for
encrypting the hard drive. When booting, Guix will ask 3 times for my
passphrase:

1. just after displaying Welcome to Grub, but before displaying the Grub
  menu, Guix asks for my passphrase for hd0,gpt2
2. after the Grub menu, it asks for decrypting /dev/sda2
3. after that, it asks for decrypting /dev/sda3

I find it quite annoying to enter my passphrase 3 times. But even more
annoying, the first time, I have to enter it in Qwerty even though all
my system is supposed to be configured for Colemak:

    (operating-system
      (locale "en_US.utf8")
      (timezone "Europe/Paris")
      (keyboard-layout
       (keyboard-layout "us" "colemak" #:options '("ctrl:nocaps")))
      (bootloader
       (bootloader-configuration
        (bootloader grub-bootloader)
        (target "/dev/sda")
        (keyboard-layout keyboard-layout)))

Is there a way to enter my passphrase less often and/or always in
Colemak?

Thanks

-- 
Damien Cassou

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another without
losing enthusiasm." --Winston Churchill